At home please help your child by:
- Talking to them about their learning. Research shows that parents and carers who take an active interest in their child's learning help them to make more progress than other children.
- Reading with them and encouraging reading alone for at least 20 minutes a day.
- Practising times tables or other number facts.
- Testing your child on their weekly spellings.
- Working with your child on their optional termly homework projects.
Here are some links to useful websites:
http://nrich.maths.org/frontpage - lots of maths games
http://ngkids.co.uk/ - National Geographic Kids site for science, history and geography information
http://www.learninggamesforkids.com/ - covering all school subjects
http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/highlights - worksheets to print and advice for helping learning
http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/ - a wealth of activities covering the whole curriculum
http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/ - fun activities and over 250 ebooks